Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Dry skin is a terrible affliction!


I always had pretty normal skin but this past Winter I have had the driest, flakiest skin ever! I was totally not prepared for this, but since I have discovered some problems which have really helped me. I still have the dry skin, and it's a constant battle to keep on top of it. I'm hoping when the better weather comes in my skin will improve. Here is what I have been using.

I use the La Roche Posay Ultra Fine Scrub once or twice a week to try and get rid of the old flakey patches! This one is nice because it's not too irritating or abrasive and it's perfect to use on sensitive skin.

I also like to use a face mask at least once a week too, and my favourite is the La Roche Posay Hydraphase. My skin literally eats this up. I put on a nice layer of this on my face and neck and leave it for as long as I can. You will notice the mask will sink it quicker on the driest parts of your face. I then take the excess off with a hot flannel and my face feels really nice and hydrated after use.

When my skin was at it's driest, my favourite moisturiser to use was the La Roche Posay Nutric Intense Riche, an incredibly thick and nourishing cream. This was really helpful at combatting dry skin, particularly across my nose and cheek areas. I have since moved on to La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche (I love the packaging of this one too, would be great for travel!) which I really like and I have a little mini Nuxe Creme Fraiche which I use in the day time.

I use the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse as a treatment oil every now and then. I noticed that over-use of this oil really triggered dry skin, so I try to only use it a couple of times a week. It does really help with the dry patches when I use it sparingly. Plus it smells amazing!

For make up, I think the Clarins Extra Comfort foundation and Chanel Vitalumiere (as I reviewed below) have been working the best for me. My usual every day foundation (MAC Face & Body) only aggravated my dry skin and made it look even worse than it was. The Clarins & Chanel foundations really comfort the skin and are designed for dryness. So I have been relying on them a lot to try and conceal the horrible dryness!


Are there any other products I should be looking at to try and help with dry skin? Any help would be much appreciated!


4 comments:

  1. My skin is awful at the minute, everything is clinging to it for dear life! I've been using a couple of the same products, the hydraphase, nutric intense and nuxe mask. Apart from that I've been using hydraluron, SPF, lip balms like they're going out of fashion (nuxe & vichy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i must see if i can get anything from vichy that would help! i just feel like it's a constant battle to fight the dry skin but it never completely goes away!

      Delete

  2. Very lovely post dear:)
    xoxo Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete