Wednesday, 8 April 2015

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation


I got this foundation a good few weeks ago now, just because I really wanted to try more MAC stuff (I STILL need to get a lipstick!). I have tried the Face & Body foundation and while I liked it at first, I have completely gone off it and really don't like the watery texture of it.

I was ordering this foundation online and MAC foundation shades totally confused me. I blindly chose NW20 and thankfully it is a great shade on me.

It is a really thick, gel-cream like texture and almost feels a little tacky on the skin for a short time after application. This is completely full coverage and literally does not budge throughout the day!

My only problem is it clings to every dry patch on my face. It doesn't look too bad from a distance but on closer inspection it doesn't look too good! (It's really visible in the photo below). So I am currently focusing on getting my skin back to normal so I can properly wear this foundation.

I really am very impressed with this foundation and definitely understand what the hype is about! I would probably save it for the Autumn/Winter months as I tend to gravitate more towards full coverage bases during that time.




Have you tried this foundation? I'd love to try more MAC products out so please let me know below what I should get next time!

5 comments:

  1. I prefer the MAC studio fix which is great on my dry skin. I also use MAC strobe cream underneath it too help even more with my dry patches and it illuminates my skin so it doesn't look so flat :-) I still don't own a MAC lipstick either :-( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strobe cream sounds brilliant, i must investigate! We will have to treat ourselves to Mac lipsticks! I am so overwhelmed by how many different shades they have!

      Delete
  2. It definitely sticks to any dry patches but lasts like no otherrrrr! I love the MSF naturals and lightscapade - it would look beautiful on you! As for lipsticks... YES YES YES! You neeeeed one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes it's definitely a brilliant foundation! it has a staying power like nothing i've ever tried. if i could sort out my pesky skin i'd enjoy wearing it a lot more! definitely going to order myself a couple of bits when i get paid, i have a debenhams voucher to use too! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love this kind of posts and yours is amazing!
    Thank you for publishing it in blog!)

    p.s. do you like shopping or travel? Read how to save up 75% in my new post http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/04/universal-clothes.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete