Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Clarins Mineral Loose Powder


Powder is something that is often overlooked in my makeup routine. It's not that I don't need to use it, it's more that I am too lazy to use it or I do not know what to look for in a powder!
I got the Clarins Mineral Loose powder for Christmas and it has been scarcely used since. It's only when I began to use the Chanel Vitalumiere foundation, when I was experiencing some crazy shine in the centre of my face that I decided to do something about it. 
I carry a compact powder with me in my handbag all the time in case of make up emergencies (I never use it) but when I am sitting down at my dressing table and properly doing my make up, I think there is nothing more elegant looking than a loose powder! And this Clarins one certainly looks very glamorous in the tub. It is a whopping 30g of product, I am sure this will last me years!
When I was experiencing dry skin problems it was best to press some of the loose powder on using the Clarins powder puff provided (which is very nice and very soft). However now my preferred method of application is using the Real Techniques setting brush or the duo-fibre powder brush for a light dusting. 
The powder itself is literally like ground silk! It is the softest powder I have ever used, I don't think I've ever experienced anything like it. And it makes an incredible difference to my makeup, something that I never thought was possible. It doesn't look "powdery" in the slightest and it works so well with a drier skin type. I just dust a little on my t-zone and I am pretty much set for the day. 
I have the shade 01 light and it works perfectly well for me. It costs £30 which is a considerable amount of money, actually the thought of how much it costs horrifies me and I don't think I would pay it myself unless I was really a powder fanatic. However after dabbling around with cheaper powders (like Rimmel Stay Matte) in my time, the Clarins Loose Powder completely blows them all out of the water in terms of quality and finish. 
It doesn't completely mattify my skin. It does take down the shine on the centre of my face but it doesn't take away any luminosity. It gives my skin the most beautiful velvety sheen too. What I like about it is it just gives a very natural look, like my skin really looks this good! 
Anyway, I just thought I would share my thoughts on this powder because I looked online and there weren't too many reviews about it. Maybe it is a lesser known product, or overlooked due to it's bulky size and inconvenience for on the go application. But it is a really fantastic product and I am so glad I started using it properly in my make up routine. 

2 comments:

  1. Love reading about lesser-spoken about products! Have never tried a loose powder I don't think but this sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a really nice powder nora! it deserves more recognition in my opinion!

      Delete