Wednesday, 6 May 2015

My first ever MAC lipstick!


I know, I know, where have I been! I have always been meaning to try MAC lipsticks but just never have. I don't live near a MAC counter and I have always found selecting a colour online rather intimidating, there are just so many to choose from! 

With all the hype surrounding the Kylie Jenner make up look I decided to take a chance and order online, and I chose "Velvet Teddy". It's not anything I would normally choose, for one thing it's matte, for another it's just not a colour I usually wear. But still, I went ahead and ordered it. I had a voucher to spend and guessed that it would be easier to pick a "me" colour next time I am at a counter. 

Well, it arrived and I was mighty impressed! The packaging is so small and neat. I didn't realise that MAC lipsticks smelled so nice either! The actual lipstick is a beautiful shade, it's more of a mauve toned nude I would say. It is exceptionally creamy for a matte lipstick so I needn't have worried about that aspect of it. It isn't drying on me at all. It applies really well and wears amazingly too. The only thing I am not sure about is if I actually suit a colour like this! Or maybe it's just because I am so used to seeing myself wearing peachy-pinky colours. 



Overall I am really impressed with this lipstick and am happy to have it in my collection. It's always good to try new things, right? I would love to know if there are any other "must have" MAC lipsticks that I should get! I have my eye on Peach Blossom! 

6 comments:

  1. Peach Blossom is gorgeous! So is Hue. I love this shade on you, I like it a lot but I do find it drying if I've let the Nuxe slip at night! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the auld Nuxe is a must with this lipstick! though it's not what i was expecting at all from a matte, it's nice and creamy and doesn't look dry or flakey on me! i love the look of Hue! Also Syrup looks like a nice colour. i wish i could see them in real life before buying!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colour on you and don't worry I bought my first MAC lippie in the past few months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you! i've been thinking that peach blossom should be my next lipstick after seeing your posts!

      Delete
  3. this looks amaz on you!! and ahh i love the smell of MAC lippies, it's like vanilla. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thanks jess! :) i know they smell amazing! good enough to eat… but i won't!

      Delete