Saturday, 23 May 2015

Old magazine beauty adverts

Something a little different today. In my teens, I was at the height of my old Hollywood obsession and as such I collected a lot of things from this time, particularly sheet music and old magazines with some of my favourite movie stars on the covers. I was flicking through my collection recently and the beauty ads really popped out at me, almost as if I hadn't noticed them before - which is probably true because I was not in the slightest bit interested in make up in my teens! Anyway, I thought I would share some of the ads for your enjoyment and entertainment. Let me know what your favourite ones are! These ads are from 1942 if you are interested.













14 comments:

  1. these ads are so pretty!! way nicer than todays.xx

    www.jesskadenise.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These ads are prettier than now. I remember the days when my mom used to buy magazines like these ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, I love this kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much, it's so cool looking back at old adverts - I love that Max Factor and Maybelline are makeup brands still around today, that were popular back then as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's amazing isn't it! sometimes i forget how long these brands have been around!

      Delete
  5. Omg, how cool are these! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love the Rita Hayworth ad :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sinead! i love that ad too, it's beautiful!

      Delete