Sunday, 10 May 2015

The Dream Team…. dry skin is no more!


I had never suffered with dry skin in my life up until last Winter. It was just a constant battle for me, exfoliating, moisturising, mask and repeat. Make up looked awful and just emphasised the problem. I was going crazy, because it was something I never had to deal with before and couldn't quite find the cause or the solution to dry skin.

I felt like I had shelled out enough for products designed for hydration and dry flakey skin. I really needed a better skincare routine and I took to Twitter for some advice! Aisling and Lisa suggested I try a serum and chemical exfoliating pads. My local Superdrug has just gotten in some Nip & Fab products so the Glycolic Fix pads were the first things I got. Then for the serum. I was looking for Hydraluron as Aisling had suggested but after trying three Boots branches with no sign of it, I went with Vichy Aqualia Thermal instead as I had also heard great things about it.

I am still afraid to try any other products other than La Roche Posay Toleraine, as my skin has also been looking a little red and irritated and times and Toleraine is the only thing that doesn't aggravate it! So I repurchased the Toleraine cleanser and moisturiser, which I adore, and I also picked up the eye cream on a whim. Is it only new out? My local pharmacy said they had just got it in and I had never seen it before.

So, I will cleanse my face then give it a wipe over with one of the Nip & Fab pads (I'll only use the pads every other night). I'll then apply the serum, then my moisturiser and eye cream. I've been doing this morning and night now for about 3 or 4 weeks and the difference is unbelievable. I still have some little dry scaly patches on my nose, but nothing like it was before. My skin is I would say 90% improved and it feels plumper and full of moisture. The thing that I really hated was the dryness and the scaly patches, so I wanted to focus on getting rid of them, which is definitely working. I can see my skin improving in so many other ways too. I just wish I had discovered this dream team sooner! I never knew how a serum could work wonders, I always thought they were pretty much a waste of money. And I will never use another scrubby exfoliating product on my face again. These exfoliating pads are just a miracle for me!

6 comments:

  1. I agree about the pads and not using physical exfoliants! They have made such a difference to my skin. I use the first aid ones, not everyday but every second day and I've seen such an improvement in my skin! Must put up a skincare post soon! Love reading these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i must try and get the first aid beauty ones next time, they are meant to be brilliant! i really like using the nip&fab ones but def want to try other brands too!

      Delete
  2. sounds like your skin has been quite a pain lately Grace, nice to see you're finding something thats semi working :) x

    http://www.jesskadenise.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes jess! it's been very difficult over the winter so fingers crossed switching up my products seems to be working! x

      Delete
  3. I've had similar issues and find the pads and that serum fantastic, glad it's working for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're amazing sharon, i wish i discovered them sooner! definitely will not be using anything else now! x

      Delete