Sunday, 28 June 2015

L'Oreal & Rowenta Steam Pod



I have been massively excited about the Steam Pod for a long time. I first came across it when my hairdresser used it on me in the salon and I couldn't believe the texture or the finish of my hair afterwards. I contemplated for over a year getting one for myself, and now I finally have one. I found it for a pretty good price on allbeauty.com where I also bought the Steam Pod smoothing protective cream.


I'm not going to lie, the Steam Pod is a bulky enough unit. You have your water tank, power lead, steam cord and then the hair tool itself. There is a removable comb (I personally like the comb although be careful if you have tatty hair like me!) and you can see the little jets where the steam comes out. That is where the magic happens!

I don't know about you but even though everyone raved about GHD's it must be for over a decade now, they didn't really do much for my already straight hair. They got the job done, sure, but they made my hair look really flat, dehydrated and a little lacklustre. The Steam Pod has really changed everything for me. Where I may have washed my hair and styled it with the GHD, my hair would have been so greasy a day later and badly in need of a wash. For some reason, I can style my hair with the Steam Pod, and not have to style it again until my next wash, up to a week later. I don't know how I am getting longer between washes but I am. Also, my hair remained poker straight the entire week, not a single kink in my hair like I would have seen by day 2 of a GHD styling.

Just after a colour, cut and Steam Pod treatment from the salon

If you are used to straightening your hair, the Steam Pod works in the same way, just make sure your hair follows the direction of the arrows so as it passes through the steam. 

The benefits of the steam are that it completely nourishes your hair, adding glossy shine and a smooth finish. If you use it with the Steam Pod protective cream, which has pro-keratin technology it will really help your hair to look more healthy. 

I of course have been using my Steam Pod since I got it to straighten my hair, but I have also experimented with other styles too.

I love the big bouncy curls you can create with the Steam Pod, but just be aware that it does not have a swivel cord so it is a bit tricky to do on your own. It almost creates a curly blow dry effect. I have no layers cut into my hair but I imagine if I did the curls would be even more bouncy.

After using the Steam Pod, it's incredible how "swishy" and light my hair feels. It's like the steam has infused each individual hair and it leaves my entire hair feeling so soft and smooth, and full of bounce and body. I have never had this feeling using any other hair tool. That is why I have fallen in love with the Steam Pod. I feel like I could be in a hair ad!

I am absolutely thrilled I purchased the Steam Pod and only wish I bought it long ago! I can only imagine this would be an absolute godsend if you had frizzy hair. I really like the fact that when you straighten with it, the hair stays straight. I am going to take this with me on holiday, though I have to think about how I will pack it as it isn't exactly that travel friendly, but I don't think I can be without it at this stage!

6 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try this! There pricey but I think I might invest! I have frizzy hair so I use my GHD after every wash. Does it take longer to style than the GHD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it takes about the same length of time to style! The only difference is having to fill up the water tank each time, I have to use bottled water because our tap water is slightly hard. Then you clamp down on the straightener and wait for the Steam to appear! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing! I have really frizzy hair so styling is a must and this looks like it would be so helpful and would make things so much easier! Thank you for sharing. Great review! x

    Karolina
    www.brunette-wavez.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karolina this would be amazing for your hair! I'm glad you liked my review x

      Delete
  3. Your hair really looks incredible!! Totally sold on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thanks! It genuinely is the best hair tool I've ever used. It has transformed my hair!

      Delete