Wednesday, 3 June 2015

New NYC Nail Polishes!


Of course while browsing Superdrug recently I came across the new NYC polishes which I feel like I have been waiting ages for after seeing some blog reviews on them! I couldn't leave without them, I was pretty restrained though and only bought 2. It was hard to choose which ones to pick because all of the colours are amazing! 


First up is this baby pink shade called "Astoria Allure". This one is from the Gel Gloss range and I absolutely think this one truly has a gel like finish. It is super glossy and lasted me four days which is just insane! I love this colour so much. It's such a girly pink and is just a really versatile colour to wear.


Next is "Statue of Liberty" which honestly is the most fabulous colour I have seen. My photos do not do it justice because it has a shimmer to it as well, it was so difficult to capture on camera! (Also sorry for the low quality phone pictures!)  But anyway, as much as I adore this colour I didn't really get on with this polish. That is because I am a total disaster at applying pastel colours. They end up looking really streaky and gloopy on me! I definitely feel like I need 2 coats of this polish to make it more opaque but that is where I am going wrong. When I apply the 2nd coat it completely ruins it and I end up having to remove it! Can anyone please tell me how best to apply colours like these? I am so dying to wear this polish but just haven't perfected how to apply it!

Both these polishes cost me just over £3.00 in total in Superdrug, and as always I think NYC nail polishes are the best out there, they out perform some of the high end and most expensive brands out there! They are incredibly cheap, have a wonderful texture and finish to them and are just amazing nail polishes!

4 comments:

  1. I love that pink as well, it lasted really well and definitely looked more high end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i completely agree! i couldn't believe how long it lasted!

      Delete
  2. Well, I think these polishes are worth trying out. Both has great colors and finishes. I think I would go for the pink one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely worth a try Julie. The pink one is my favourite!

      Delete