Saturday, 13 June 2015

Ultimate Beauty Icon #HoFBeautyAmbassador



Love them or hate them, there is no denying that the Kardashian women are absolutely beautiful. This time last year, I didn't know a thing about them but over the Christmas holidays I slowly began watching their TV show and I kind of took an interest in them. 

A lot of people are frankly obsessed with Kim K's make up but I am absolutely taken by Kourtney's simple, natural and carefree look! I have been doing everything I can to recreate a fresh, glowing look like Kourtney's, and I will show you what products I have been using.

What I like about Kourtney's make up is that it doesn't have to be perfect, just keep it very simple and natural, and add a pop of colour on the lips if need be. It's all very bronzed, glowy, boho chic….and it's perfect for Summer actually!

So, here are the products I have been using for a fresh bronzy look like Kourtney! You can get a lot of them from the House of Fraser Beauty Section here - http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Makeup+Make+Up/100,default,sc.html


Base

I am really into the Chanel Vitalumiere foundation at the minute. It's perfect if you want a really nice, lightweight foundation. As someone who normally prefers something with a bit more coverage and a bit more matte, I can't believe how well my skin looks when I use this foundation!
I'm also using my favourite Chanel cream bronzer as well, it's just extremely user friendly and it really warms up the complexion. I use this under my foundation as well if I want a really bronzed look. 
For under my eyes, nothing beats the Clarins concealer and I also used the tiniest bit of the Clarins loose powder - I just lightly dusted it through the centre of my face. I don't want to completely lose that "glow". Then to finish I used my Lancome Blush Subtil palette in the shade Nectar Lace. It has a really great contour and highlight powder and the blush is a gorgeous shimmering coral.


Eyes
Sleek Eyebrow Kit
Maybelline Brow Drama


I am obsessed with this Clarins eyeshadow palette right now! I thought it was a limited edition palette for Christmas but it's still available on House of Fraser's website! First though I lay down my base which is the MAC Paint Pot (Painterly) and I use the shade numbers 5, 7 and 8 for this look. I tight line my eyes with the Clarins waterproof pencil, which is great because I have quite watery eyes but this pencil does not budge all day!
I can't wear flash lashes like Kourtney does but I swear by the YSL Baby Doll mascara which gives my lashes some serious length, it's phenomenal! For my brows I use my trusty Sleek brow kit, following my natural brows just filling them in, then set with the Maybelline Brow Drama.

Here's a closer look of the eyeshadow palette! I love all of these shades and think they are very Kourtney!



Lips

I usually switch between both of these lip products for a Kourtney look! The Lip Balm Perfector is amazing for every day wear! This is my favourite shade Rosewood. It is a perfect nude shade and is so comfortable to wear.
Today though, I am wearing the Jolie Rouge lipstick in the shade Coral Dahlia. It is the most beautiful shimmering coral. This is a very sheer lipstick so it's perfect if you're not confident enough to wear a really bold lip but still want a pop of colour! I have heard Kourtney likes to wear the YSL lipstick in Le Orange! It looks beautiful and I really must get it next time I am at a YSL counter!


Here is the finished look! I'm really happy with it and I think it is a nice fresh make up for Summer. Also you could easily take this look from day time to night time, it's very versatile.




This post was created as my entry for the House of Fraser Beauty Ambassador competition! Check out the details here and don't forget to stop by the House of Fraser make up department! They have a fantastic selection of products and brands, so much stuff I want to buy!

8 comments:

  1. Best of luck in the competition, Grace. Your look is beautiful, very Kourtney and nice to see a focus on her instead of Kim or Kylie! Love those lip colours x I love House of Fraser, really fast delivery to Ireland which is always a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much sharon!! i don't think kourtney gets enough recognition! i love how her make up is so natural looking and not too heavy. you are right HOF delivery is super fast! xx

      Delete
  2. You look very pretty :) Good Luck :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking beautiful as always! That Clarins palette to to die for!!!!!! Wishing you the very best of luck!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck dear! You def look stunning. I super love your makeup for it have really bought out your natural beauty. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so very much Ana!! you are so kind x

      Delete