Monday, 27 July 2015

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette


I am so so excited about this palette! I haven't been this much in love with a make up product in a while.
I had watched many a Youtube tutorial using this palette and while I always thought it looked beautiful, I wasn't that interested in it because I personally thought it was a little too expensive for me when I hadn't heard much about the brand Too Faced before. But, when a Too Faced stand popped up in Debenhams and I got to swatch it for myself, it was true love at first sight. I thought about it and thought about it and finally bought the palette in Sephora when I was on holiday in France. You know when you can't get a make up product off your mind that it is true love!



I love how there is a great selection of shades, and while they are neutral colours they are by no means "nude". Which is good for me because that is exactly what I want in a palette! There is a good selection of blending shades and highlights, and amazing eye popping shimmery shades. Also I like how out of the 16 shadows, only 5 of them are matte. I much prefer a shimmery metallic shadow over a matte!

The shadows themselves are like nothing I have ever tried. They are incredibly pigmented and so soft and easy to work with. I am getting on a lot better with this palette than I ever did with the Urban Decay Naked palette!

Also I should mention - these eyeshadows smell like chocolate! When you open the palette you are greeted with the unmistakable scent of chocolate, as these eyeshadows are actually made with cocoa powder…it's wonderful! It makes me crave chocolate so bad though!  Also the names of the shadows are so cute, when people ask what you have on your eyes and you say "marzipan, hazelnut and milk chocolate!"

 Left to right - Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge

 Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto

Hazelnut, Creme Brûlée, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle


There are so many different looks you can create with this palette, from very basic daytime looks to dramatic evening looks. I have really had a lot of fun playing around with this palette and I actually am excited to use it when I get up in the mornings (sad, right?!). I have been wearing this palette every day which is a big deal for me because I don't usually bother wearing eyeshadow for just going to work. So that tells you how much I love using this palette!








10 comments:

  1. Grace, I LOVE the second look..can you give details of the shades you used & how you did it, please? :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah sure! i used candied violet all over the lid, cherry cordial in the outer corner and blended them out with milk chocolate!

      Delete
  2. Those looks you've done a re gorgeous, it's such a cute palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much sarah! i love this palette so much, it's very fun to use!

      Delete
  3. I love all the looks you've created- they look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love the looks you've created, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The looks are gorgeous, Grace, your eyes look amazing! I love that feeling when you get something and it completely lives up to or exceeds your expectations, it's a lovely looking palette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much sharon :) i am absolutely over the moon with this palette! it's everything i was looking for and more, plus it looks very cute!

      Delete