Sunday, 16 August 2015

Best of Summer Beauty 2015


I am sorry to be posting this! But to me, Summer is well and truly over! Finito! I am now preparing myself for Autumn - my favourite season. But, here are some things that I either discovered over the summer or got great use out of.

First off I will start with sun cream. I bought this Vichy sun cream when I was in France. I don't know if it is sold in Ireland or not? But it comes in aerosol form, which was so handy on holiday, I just sprayed myself with it and didn't bother rubbing it in (saved me from the dreaded sticky hands usually associated with sun cream). It is SPF 50 too. It was absolutely brilliant to use and was amazing to use on the go. Definitely the best sun cream I have ever tried! It was so hot and sunny when I was in France but my skin was so well protected, I came home as pale as I went!

Also I bought the Clarins facial sun cream and it was great to use, it wasn't sticky or greasy at all and I was able to put my make up on over top of it. It smells amazing too. I used a La Roche Posay one last year and I really wasn't that fussed on it. I thought the Clarins one was miles better!

OK, I promise I won't ramble on about this but the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette has to be my star buy of the summer! The eyeshadows are bloody brilliant, beautiful shades and there is something in there for every occasion. I have been wearing this non-stop, every day since I got it! I just think it is so cute too, it looks (and smells) just like a giant chocolate bar! Perfect for a chocoholic like me.

I am kind of embarrassed to say that only over the summer I discovered MAC lipsticks! I know, I know, I am such a crap blogger! I already have 3 of them and definitely want to add more to my collection. I used to be such a big gloss/lip balm girl and I always thought lipsticks were too high maintenance for me to wear every day, but MAC lipsticks really are something else! I can't get enough of them!

Everyone has a summer scent I am sure, and this year mine is Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt. I got this in Dublin airport before I jetted off to France so this scent just brings me right back to my holiday. I couldn't even describe it to you, but it is just so fresh and lovely.

An oldie but a goodie, I just love the Illamasqua cream blush in the shade Dixie. I actually have this blush nearly 2 years and probably is my most used blush, but somehow over Summer I have rekindled my love for it. It's just the perfect colour for me and no matter if you use it in the most intense summer heat, it stays in place all day.

Another new (to me) MAC product was the Studio Careblend powder. I have never used a powder as good as this! It's so soft and is very forgiving on my dry skin. Sometimes all I need is to wear a tinted moisturiser but I always set it with this powder and it's great for taking down the shine. Somehow it makes your skin look pretty flawless too!

And last but not least is the famous Nuxe lip balm. When I first got this, I was impressed but I perhaps didn't think it was worthy of all the hype. Turns out, I was wrong! I cannot go a day without using this. Actually this lip balm goes hand in hand with the MAC lipsticks I was using. I cannot put any lip product on now without a good layer of this lip balm. Plus it was a saviour in hot weather when my lips felt really dehydrated. I'm nearly out of this pot but I will go straight out and buy another when it runs out!



So while I had a great time going on holiday in July, the Irish weather is really getting me in the mood for Autumn!

10 comments:

  1. I'm like you Autumn/Winter is what I get excited for :) Love this post, I think while I'm on holidays I will pick up the Too Faced Palette it's been on my wishlist for so long now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yay! isn't it the best time of year danielle? you should def get the chocolate bar palette, it is absolutely amazing! i couldn't recommend it enough!

      Delete
  2. Hiya Grace. I love your posts :) I think 'too faced' is cruelty-free but not sure if it's Vegan. If so, I will defo be purchasing a palette on payday :)

    Do you wear highlighter at all? If so, which one would you recommend, please? I was always a lippie/ gloss & eyes (shadow, liner & mascara slapped on) girl but I've recently started getting more interested in makeup so am always on t hr e look out for cruelty-free & Vegan products :)

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much claire! :) i must admit i really am not familiar with what brands are cruelty free but i have just checked too faced's website and they are, plus they have a list of what products are vegan too!
      i'm not really big into highlighters, i do have the bobbi brown shimmer brick which is nice though i don't use it all the time. i think Seventeen do a nice liquid highlighter!

      Delete
  3. It doesn't even feel like we had a Summer, roll on A/W, also my favourite time of the year ;)
    omg, the chocolate palette - i'm so dim, but i actually didn't know it smelled of chocolate till my friend bought it. like it's nearly good enough to eat haha.xx www.jesskadenise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't wait for the autumn jess! i love the dark evenings!
      haha yes the chocolate bar palette actually smells divine. sometimes i just open it just to have a smell of it! it's that nice!

      Delete
  4. I'm all about Autumn too, can't wait! That Jo Malone is my fragrance of the summer too, it's so gorgeous. I love the lip balm too, a good layer at night is a saviour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a nice perfume, i've never tried any jo malone before but i completely fell in love! oh i definitely can't be without the nuxe lip balm, i use it every night and every morning! my lips are in shreds without it!

      Delete
  5. This is the season were I am so excited too. Ready to go shopping and yes that Jo malone is such a good pick for this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so right emma! i can't wait to go shopping for cosy jumpers and scarves! the perfume is just a very summery scent, i can't even describe it!

      Delete