Friday, 6 November 2015

MAC Mehr Lipstick


The latest addition to my MAC lipstick collection. I was on the hunt for a lipstick that would be neutral enough that I could wear every day, yet deep enough that it would give my lips definition. I must admit that I am falling out of love with glossy/balmy lips, and I am head over heels for a more matte finish.

I bought MAC Velvet Teddy some time ago, purely because everyone was raving about it since it is the lipstick Kylie Jenner uses. While I absolutely loved how creamy and how nice Velvet Teddy was, the colour was just not right for me and I don't think it suits me at all. I need something more pink. Cue, Mehr!


Isn't it beautiful? It is exactly the kind of lipstick that I wanted. MAC describe it as a "dirty blue pink" and while I'm not sure if I can see blue here, it definitely is quite a dusky looking pink shade.


For comparison here it is against Velvet Teddy, which looks very brown compared to Mehr! 

Anyway, I am really enjoying Mehr lipstick, it's great for everyday yet it is a rather striking colour. The matte finish is lovely but need to keep a lip balm close to hand!

6 comments:

  1. Great shade on you, Lauren Marie did a dupe post on this recently which could be good for you too! http://www.makeupbylaurenmarie.com/2015/11/mac-mehr-lipstick-dupe.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! Yes I read Lauren mare's blog which is actually how I found out about Mehr! Hadn't heard of that shade before, I'm so glad I got it.

      Delete
  2. Lovely indeed! This lippie looks great on you. And yes..I agree that its great for everyday look. I will surely check on this....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Emmy. It really is a great colour

      Delete
  3. this looks so good on you!! i also bought VT cause of kylie but i feel like this might suit me better too because it's a bit pinkier, i must give it a swatch.xx

    www.jesskadenise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think it's a better nude for us irish gals! Velvet teddy looks Amazing on kylie but it just doesn't look the same on me!

      Delete