Sunday, 14 February 2016

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation





Lately I have kind of had an obsession with Too Faced. I never really knew anything about the brand other than I thought their products were way too expensive! That all changed when back last summer I got the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette which for me is the mother of all eyeshadow palettes and the best money I'd ever spent!

Anyway I had watched numerous YouTube reviews on this foundation and was dying to try it for myself. I do love a good full coverage foundation. My lovely friend Danielle (AKA Lilliwhiterose) very kindly sent me her bottle as she felt this shade was too dark on her.

So this is the shade Vanilla, and it's definitely quite deep as vanilla shades go. I have included a comparison photo with MAC Pro Longwear NW15 so you can see the difference. Too Faced's Vanilla is a good couple of shades deeper and rather yellow toned. But I have quite a neutral skin tone and I can make it work. It also matches perfectly when I have a layer of Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan on!



So this is labelled as an "undetectable medium to full coverage foundation". Infused with coconut water, alpine rose and hyaluronic acid. So it's great for us dry skinned gals. It's oil free also so I imagine this would work on pretty much all skin types?

Anyway, one pump of this is enough to cover my entire face and neck. I use the Real Techniques sponge to apply generally. It blends really smoothly and evenly, and although it feels incredibly lightweight the coverage is fantastic. I personally would only wear one light layer of this for fear of it looking caked on if I applied any more.

It wears really well on me and still looks nice and fresh at the end of the day. The finish is more of a Demi matte I would say.

I've really been enjoying this foundation and it has been my base of choice over the Winter. The bottle is very cute as well, it looks very fancy on my dressing table!

Once again I'm really quite impressed with Too Faced though I do think this foundation is rather on the expensive side, £29 on the Debenhams website. If you're willing to splurge on it I say check it out!

6 comments:

  1. Too faced is something worth checking out. Love the shade and coverage. Its highly pigmented that looks light and natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the packaging on this! Although I didn't have the best luck with their chocolate bar palette I think I'm gonna get a bottle of this for a fake tan foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you'd really like it grace! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see a review on it!! I still can't believe how dark it was on me, but I'm a NW13 haha that wouldn't help. The packaging is gorgeous on this foundation, but yep it's on the pricy side, worth it for dry skin though :) Glad you are enjoying it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle it's fab thank you for letting me try it! Xx

      Delete