Saturday, 23 July 2016

The smell of holidays



I am of course talking about Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt. I bought the 30ml bottle at Dublin airport last year while I was on my way to France. I must admit that I used it up pretty quickly… shamefully fast really considering the price.

Ever since I have used it up I have completely been lusting after this fresh scent again. I cannot describe it, perhaps it's because it was my "holiday fragrance" last year, but while browsing in Brown Thomas recently and spritzing myself with it I was instantly transported to the hazy lazy days I spent on holiday.

This scent isn't your cliched coconutty/fruity scent usually associated with Summer perfumes. This is completely different to me. I am absolutely dire at describing scents. All I can say is that it smells wonderfully fresh and absolutely unique.

So this year, again I found myself at Dublin airport bound for Lake Como. And I thought, feck it, I am going to treat myself. And I bought the 100ml bottle.

I was telling the sales assistant about how this fragrance just transports me to Summer holidays and she said the lady she served before me said the exact same thing!

I wouldn't exclusively use this scent just for Summer. It's pretty universal for all year round. But it has that wonderful nostalgic quality and I am absolutely in love.

Anyway, my trip to Lake Como was rather fabulous too. We didn't get the best weather while we were there but it didn't spoil it in the slightest. I mean, those views are pretty amazing no matter what.

I will finish off with a nice photograph I took one wet evening in Bellagio. Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love this perfume aswell, and I know exactly what you mean, it's impossible to describe! I think it has to be smelt to understand! I have the big bottle but it's down to the last quarter now, I think I'll have to stock up again!

    ReplyDelete